Thursday 25 June 2015

I made a Tutu Dress - Elsa Inspired of course!

I was recently asked if I could possibly make a Frozen Elsa inspired Tutu Dress for my niece and I thought I'd give it a go!

I purchased a turquoise coloured crochet tube top from here -


I also purchased 12 metres of dress tulle from a local fabric shop.

I wish I had taken photos of the ongoing project but at the time I simply didn't think to do it! I wasn't sure how the overall result would turn out but I will be making another soon and will do a step by step guide.



I used the crochet top to loop and knot each tulle strip through each hole, this is what makes the skirt part of the dress.

I added puffed tulle sleeves/straps and also a long flowing cape to the back.

I also covered the dress in lots of sparkly gems and it was done!

It took me around 4 hours in total to complete the dress but I did split it over two evenings. My niece is thrilled with the dress and I can't wait to make another!


No comments:

Post a Comment