Sunday 9 August 2015

St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion.





I requested a sample of this gradual tanning lotion and it finally arrived!
Having been excited to try this out I could hardly wait until the evening when the kids were in bed but as soon as they were settled in the shower I got.

I unscrewed the lid and took off the little silver tab and took a sniff ... Nope no fake tan smell at all, in fact it actually smelt really nice, like a moisturising lotion really. The colour is a pale cream. 

I jumped in the shower, had a wash, etc ... I popped my hair up in bun out of the way so I didn't have wet hair dripping down my back when I applied the lotion. After doing all of this, I turned the water off, grabbed the lotion bottle and squeezed a bit into my hand. I only squeezed out a small amount as I didn't know how much I needed but this lotion does go a long way. I applied it in a circular motion and used around 4 small squeezes of lotion for my whole body. It rubs in well and a little goes so far. I think because you are applying to wet skin it seems to smooth over a lot easier! 
After I was happy I was all covered ... Including my face, neck and ears. I jumped out of the shower and checked the time on my phone so I knew when my 3 minute wait time was up. I wasted a bit of time reading forums on my phone, took a quick impromptu photo of my arm (see below, no difference yet!) and then it was time to get back under the water and rinse off.

For this part you don't use any products like shower gel or soap, just gently rinse and then lightly dry yourself with a towel. At this point there was no noticeable colour change and I didn't expect it yet either, so it was PJ's on , a bit of telly and bed.

I woke in the morning to utter disappointment when I saw no difference in colour at all but I thought, maybe it was so subtle that I just couldn't see it... So I repeated the process again, this time using more lotion and leaving it on for four minutes. I woke in the morning eager to check my tan, and nope nothing! It hasn't made a but if difference. I tried one more time and again it has failed miserably. 

I took before and after photos but I haven't included them as there is no difference in colour what so ever. I am understandably quite gutted about this as I was sure this was going to be a brilliant gradual tanner. 

It's such a shame as it has left my skin feeling nice, smooth and soft but any other moisturiser does that too without having to stand faffing around wet and naked for 3-5 minutes!

Such a shame St. Tropez I wanted this to be awesome but you failed. 

Please feel free to leave me a comment telling me how you have found this product :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment